Sean Dyche's side haven't kicked a ball in anger in 18-days, since sharing the spoils in a goal-less draw against West Ham United at Turf Moor.
But they'll bring the curtain down on 2021 against Manchester United at Old Trafford as they look to plug the gap on the teams above in the Premier League.
Burnley, who have lost just once in five previous visits to the Theatre of Dreams, are without goalkeeper Nick Pope, who has contracted Covid, while leading scorer Maxwel Cornet remains sidelined with a thigh strain.
The Red Devils, meanwhile, will be without Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba and Victor Lindelof for Thursday night's fixture.
Manchester United v Burnley LIVE
Last updated: Thursday, 30 December, 2021, 22:08
- The Clarets have lost just once in their last five visits to Old Trafford
- A 2-0 triumph at the Theatre of Dreams in January 2020 was Burnley’s only win over United in the past 13 league meetings
- The Red Devils could be outside the top six at the turn of the year for the first time since the 1989-90 season
- Manchester United have kept just one clean sheet in their past 13 Premier League home games - conceding 22 goals
- Burnley’s only victory in 15 league matches this season came against Brentford in October
- Sean Dyche’s side haven’t won away from home since May - when beating Fulham 2-0 at Craven Cottage
- Seven of Burnley’s last 10 Premier League fixtures have ended all square
- The visitors have managed just one shot on target in three successive PL games
- The Clarets are on a Premier League record run of 108 consecutive matches without a red card since Robbie Brady was sent off in January 2019
Full-time: Manchester United 3 Burnley 1
Four first half goals, none in the second, as Manchester United march on at Old Trafford.
Ronaldo is withdrawn for United and replaced by Fred.
Tarkowski heads Westwood’s corner wide at the back post.
What a pass
Vydra gets around the back of Varane to meet Westwood’s exquisite pass in behind, but the striker can’t connect.
McNeil is replaced by Pieters for the Clarets
Dalot is on for United, replacing Greenwood.
Goalscorer Lennon is replaced by Vydra for Burnley
Hennessey makes a stunning save from point blank range to deny Cavani from Ronaldo’s header, but the linesman’s flag is raised anyway.
Mee heads over
Burnley captain Ben Mee gets on the end of Ashley Westwood’s corner but the defender can’t steer his header on target.
Bailly is replaced by Varane for United