LIVE: Manchester City v Burnley
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has labelled Sean Dyche a "machine" ahead of Burnley's trip to the Etihad Stadium.
The title-winning Spaniard spoke of his respect and admiration for the Clarets chief, who has steered the visitors to a sixth successive season in the Premier League.
Burnley are without a win in 10 games in the top flight and currently shackled to the division's bottom three.
However, they've been down in the doldrums before and Guardiola wouldn't be shocked to see today's opponents prize themselves free once again.
Addressing Burnley's persistence, perseverance and tenacity, the City boss said: “Only I can assure you, Burnley was in this position many times and always survived.
"Why? Because they never give up. That's why Sean Dyche is an excellent manager.
“He plays in a certain way and is a machine in how he does it. I am a big fan. He sticks to his principles.
"That's why they stay up a long time and he gets a new contract I think three or four more years. They never give up."
The ex-Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss added: “They go to Anfield and are able to win, Emirates and are able to win.
"They have heart, passion and character that I’m sure Sean and the staff bring to the players. This is most important
“Some teams start to go down, they go definitely down. They [Burnley] don’t, they stay and fight. Maybe we had good results against them because I was careful. I pay a lot of attention to their skills.
“This is the message I give to the players today and hopefully they understand.”
LIVE: Manchester City 2 Burnley 0
- Burnley haven’t won a league game away at Manchester City since March 1963
- The Clarets’ last four trips to the Etihad Stadium have ended in 5-0 defeats
- Sean Dyche’s side have lost their last eight games against City by an aggregate score of 30-1
- City have taken 28 points from a possible 30 against Burnley since losing 1-0 at Turf Moor in March 2015
- Manchester City are the only side yet to concede a first-half goal in this season's Premier League
- Burnley are without a victory in 10 league games — the longest current winless run in England’s top four divisions
Valiant effort from the away side, but it’s now eight Premier League games without a win for the Clarets this season.
Another superb intervention from Collins to prevent Silva from making it three.
Wood flicks the ball over the bar from close range after Collins got up to win McNeil’s set-piece.
De Bruyne fires the ball in to the far corner after Westwood goes down under a challenge from Mahrez.
Barnes squanders another good opening for Burnley, just seconds after being introduced.