Latest Premier League news and gossip. (Photo by Alex Pantling/Getty Images)

Burnley transfer news: Clarets linked with exciting £20m duo as new owners identify Championship captain as long-term target

Time is running out for Burnley in the January transfer window, which closes exactly seven days from today.

There is a feel-good factor at Turf Moor at the moment. The Clarets are under new ownership and have collected outstanding back-to-back wins at Liverpool and Fulham.

Last week, Clarets boss Sean Dyche failed to rule out late transfer business, so could we see movement before next Monday’s 11pm deadline?

Well, according to The Sun, Burnley have joined Arsenal in the race for Stoke City defender Nathan Collins.

The report says Dyche is resigned to losing James Tarkowski and has identified the 19-year-old Irishman as his replacement.

However, a move could be made even before Tarkowski departs as he is the type of signing the new owners want for their long-term plans.

The bidding could start this week, with Stoke looking for at least £10million. Crystal Palace are also keen, while he is also rated by Manchester United.

Meanwhile, Everton have set Jonjoe Kenny’s price tag at £10million, a figure which is reportedly preventing Burnley from making a move for the right-back.

Perhaps the same can be said for Joe Worrall of Nottingham Forest as well.

The Daily Mirror claim Burnley remain keen on the Forest captain Worrall but may keep their transfer cash until the summer.

Here’s a round-up of some of the other transfer rumours involving Burnley, including the duo, and their Premier League rivals this morning:

Page 1 of 3