Burnley transfer news: Former Celtic ace opted for Bournemouth over Clarets interest, QPR keeper not heading out on loan this summer
Vincent Kompany’s side sit third in the EFL Championship table after two games, following Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Luton Town.
The new EFL Championship season is up and running and is now two games in as the early front runners get their noses out in front while the summer transfer window continues to rumble on in the background.
A Bournemouth midfielder has spoken about his move from Celtic last year and says he turned down interest from Burnley, a Premier League at the time, in favour of the Championship Cherries while a Middlesbrough striker is reportedly attracting interest from a club in the Turkish Super League.
Meanwhile, Sunderland have ‘agreed a deal’ to sign a defender from League One side Morecambe and Millwall are in ‘advance talks’ with a Blackpool forward.
QPR boss Michael Beale has said that a goalkeeper will not be leaving the club on loan this summer while West Brom gaffer Steve Bruce could be set to dip into the transfer market again after an injury to one of his players.
Elsewhere, Reading are said to be ‘very hopeful’ of finalising a deal for a former Huddersfield Town player this week and Premier League side West Ham are ‘not ruling out’ a move for a Blackburn Rovers forward.
Finally, a Sheffield Wednesday star’s future is said to be ‘up in the air’ after the League One side rejected a six figure bid from Blackpool.
Here are the EFL transfer news stories making the headlines on Tuesday morning: