Bees confirm Burnley Judge bid
Brentford boss Dean Smith has confirmed Burnley have bid for midfielder Alan Judge.
The 27-year-old has already been the subject of an offer from Sheffield Wednesday, which was rebuffed.
Judge has 10 goals and seven assists this season, and Smith said: “I think it's key to keep him. It can be unsettling but Alan Judge gets on with his game. He's got a valuation to this club and he's been kept in the loop all along.
“Maybe Burnley's timing is not right but it depends on how you look at it with a game on Friday against them. I'd hope to keep Alan – he's been a big player so far this season."
Sean Dyche was asked about speculation linking the Clarets with the £8m-rated Irishman yesterday, and said: “I have no clue of any deal that’s coming along for Alan Judge.
“There’s interest in lots of different players. It’s something that I’ve always shown respect with how we go about our business, and I continue to do so.”
Dyche knocked down suggestions Burnley would spend what would be a club-record fee: “£8million? This is Burnley remember.
“We have got some money, we do wish to invest at the right time with the right people, but it’s not a case of throwing it around and making deals happen for definite. We have to cut our cloth accordingly.”
Burnley have also bid for 22-year-old centre back James Tarkowski, and Smith added: “We had a bid from them and we turned it down. Our stance on him has not changed.”