Fortnite down: How long will battle royale game be down for Chapter 4 Season 3 patch
and live on Freeview channel 276
Fortnite servers are down ahead of the latest 25.10 update to the online battle royale game. The update is the first patch to the Chapter 4 Season 3 update, also known as Fortnite Wilds which was released two weeks ago.
Changes to the game include a new collaboration between Fortnite and Nike, as well as leakers suggesting some new Reality Augments can be expected in the update too.
Fortnite Status, the Twitter account that shares service updates for the game, has told users that matchmaking services have been disabled in preparation for the update, telling gamers that they will inform them once downtime has ended. Downtime for the game began at about 8am, with the updates normally lasting around four hours.
Users can expect to get back into the game by 12pm. However, the update could potentially take less time so checking the Fortnite Status Twitter account will give gamers the most accurate information.
Developers Epic Games have released some of their patch notes for the game, alongside leaks from Twitter users ShiinaBR and HYPEX and include:
- When using high graphic settings players may find the glow effect from Hollowhead’s eyes clip through his head
- When emoting with Dark Power Chord equipped players will notice there are no facial expressions
- Developers are aware of visual issue affecting the face of the Craggy Champion outfit with plans to fix for a future update
- Players might find the ‘Instruments of Destruction’ emote has some graphical sketching
- If you are eliminated and rebooted, your Ranked Urgent Quest description may disappear before completing the Quest
- Leakers have revealed new cosmetics
- Fortnite x Nike collab (Airphoria)
- Summer cosmetics update (either due in this update or V25.11)
- Super styles
- Rank reset
- Shockwave grenades (Zero Build)
- July crew pack
- Potential new Augments