Warning issued in Lancashire after e-scooter blaze

Firefighters have issued a timely warning to Lancashire residents about lithium batteries.

Sunday, 6th December 2020, 2:58 pm
Updated Sunday, 6th December 2020, 3:33 pm
The burned out e-scooter

It follows an incident in which an electric scooter was burned out when its lithium batteries apparently burst into flames.

The incident happened in Rishton.

Hyndburn fire station tweeted a warning accompanied by pictures of the fire damage.

Officers urged: "Please buy Christmas presents containing lithium batteries from a reputable supplier.

"If the deal seems too good to be true, then it probably is!

"This family from Rishton were very lucky that no one was injured by a fire involving lithium batteries in an E-Scooter this week."