These are the eight candidates standing to be the next Burnley MP

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Burnley folk will take to the polls to pick their new MP in just over three weeks’ time.

Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming vote:

Who are the candidates?

  1. Gordon Birtwistle – Liberal Democrat
  2. Mitchell James Cryer – Independent
  3. Rayyan Fiass – Independent
  4. Antony Higginbotham – The Conservative and Unionist Party
  5. Jack Launer – The Green Party
  6. Nathan Thomas McCollum – Reform UK
  7. David Roper – Independent
  8. Oliver Ryan – Labour and Cooperative Party
Ballot box.Ballot box.
Ballot box.
Read More
Going Green: Changing to electric has never been easier

Where are the polling stations?

  • Haggate Baptist Church, Burnley Road, Briercliffe;
  • Briercliffe Community Centre, Jubilee Street, Briercliffe;
  • Early Years Building - St James’ Lanehead CE School;
  • St John the Baptist RC Primary School, Thames Avenue;
  • Ennismore Community Centre, Ennismore Street;
  • St Cuthbert`s Community Hall, Sharp Street;
  • St Johns Parish Hall, Ivy Street;
  • Burnley Campus, Barden Lane;
  • Stoneyholme & Daneshouse, Youth and Community Centre, Daneshouse Road;
  • Burnley Boys Club, Barden Playing Fields, Barden Lane;
  • Ghausia Centre, Abel Street;
  • Canalside Community Centre, 62 Lindsay Street;
  • Linkbridge, 1 Swinless Street;
  • Burnley Tennis Club, 30 Lower Ridge Close, off Belvedere Road;
  • St Catherine`s Church Hall, Mary Street;
  • 1882 LOUNGE, Burnley Football Club, Harry Potts Way;
  • Belmont Community Centre, Belmont Grove, off Brunshaw Avenue;
  • Brunshaw Primary School, Foundation Centre entrance, Morse Street;
  • Pike Hill Library, Langwyth Road, Worsthorne;
  • Village Hall, Holme-In-Cliviger, Cliviger;
  • Worsthorne Primary School, Brownside Road, Worsthorne;
  • Coal Clough Academy, Swindon Street;
  • St Matthew’s Church Hall, Albion Street;
  • Vanguard Community Centre, 65 Bevington Close, (off Burnham Gate);
  • Rosehill Baptist Church, Rosehill Road;
  • Rosewood Primary School, Moorland Road entrance;
  • Burnley Wood Community Centre, 96 Springfield Road;
  • Coal Clough Community Centre, 2 Pasturegate Avenue;
  • Burnley Golf Club, Approach Way, off Glen View Road;
  • Valley Street Community Centre, Valley Street, (off Rossendale Road);
  • West End Community Centre, Venice Street;
  • Dorset Street Entrance, Rosegrove Infants School, Dorset Street;
  • Greenbrook Methodist Church, Greenbrook Road, off Lowerhouse Lane;
  • Padiham Road Methodist Church, Brassey Street;
  • St Mary Magdalene’s RC Church, Gawthorpe Road, off Crow Wood Avenue;
  • Palace House & Woodbine, Tenants & Residents Association, 1 Anglesey Avenue;
  • Gannow Community Centre, Adamson Street;
  • Middlesex Over 50's Social Centre, Middlesex Avenue;
  • Housing 21, Fairweather Court, Quarry Street, Padiham;
  • Whitegate Nursery School, Victoria Road, Padiham;
  • Padiham Primary School, Burnley Road, Padiham;
  • Padiham Football Club, Arbories Memorial Sports Ground, Well Street;
  • St John’s Church Hall, St John’s Road, Padiham;
  • Hapton Methodist Church Hall, Whitefield Street, Hapton;
  • Brierfield Community Centre, Colne Road, Brierfield;
  • Thomas Street Bowling Pavilion, Percy Street, Nelson;
  • Baptist School, Guilford Street, Brierfield;
  • Reedley County School, Reedley Road;
  • Pendle Primary Academy, Walter Street, Brierfield.

Do I need to take voter ID?

Everyone must take Voter ID with them. Accepted forms are:

- Passport issued by the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or a Commonwealth country;

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

- Driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, or an EEA state;

- Blue badge;

- Older Person’s Bus Pass funded by the UK Government;

- Disabled Person’s Bus Pass funded by the UK Government;

Freedom Pass;

- Biometric immigration document;

- Identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (a PASS card);

- Ministry of Defence Form 90 (Defence Identity Card);

- National identity card issued by an EEA state.

What if I don't have any of the accepted forms of Voter ID?

You can apply to be issued with a Voter Authority Certificate via by 5pm on Wednesday, June 26th. This certificate can then be used as your Voter ID on polling day.

Related topics: