Tea towel goes up in smoke in Pendle kitchen fire

Firefighters were called to a house in St Stephens Way, in Colne, yesterday lunchtime after a tea towel left on a cooker caught fire.

The fire was out on arrival of the crews, but one casualty was treated for smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Firefighters from Colne were called to reports of a fire at a domestic property in Colne on St Stephens Way. The fire involved a tea towel, which had caught fire on the cooker, however, it was out on arrival.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

"Crews used a ventilation unit to clear the property of smoke and there was one casualty who was assessed at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation. Fire crews were in attendance approximately 45 minutes."

Crews were called out yesterday lunchtime