Burnley Football Club introduces precautionary measures amid coronavirus outbreak
Burnley Football Club have introduced extra precuationary measures in the wake of the widening Covid-19 coronavirus outbreak.
A club spokesman confirmed the Premier League outfit was monitoring the situation, but added that a number of measures had been introduced to protect players, staff and visitors, which has included extra hand sanitisers installed around club facilities.
A spokesman for Burnley Football Club said: "Ground tours will not involve the dressing rooms and we’re keeping the tunnel area as sterile as possible on matchdays.
"We will also be vetting and putting in place restrictions on personnel visiting the training ground."
As a precaution, the Premier League recently banned pre-match fair-play handshakes “until further notice” amid concerns over the spread of the coronavirus, which was observed at Burnley's home tie against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has said sporting events in Britain are unlikely to be affected by coronavirus in the immediate future.
Italy, which has seen the highest outbreak of the virus in Europe, has ordered all major sporting events throughout the country to be played without fans for one month.