Booths Sunday Roast pasties recipe
Got leftovers from your Sunday roast and stuck for an imaginative way to use them up?
Sunday Roast Pasties
Serves: 4 l Preps: 20 Minutes l Cooks: 25 Minutes
1 pack ready roll shortcrust pastry
200g leftover roast meat (beef, pork,
lamb or chicken)
veg (carrots, peas,
100ml leftover gravy
Salt and pepper
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 egg, beaten
1. Dice all of your leftovers and place in a mixing bowl with the cold gravy. Gently fold together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Roll out the pastry and using a saucer, make sure you can cut three large circles from the pastry.
3. Fold all the pastry scraps together and roll out again, big enough to cut one more circle.
4. Lightly brush the edges of the circles with a little water and place a generous mound of filling, just off centre, on each circle and fold over to form a crescent.
5. Press down the edges to seal and then crimp the edges with a fork or you could fold the edges like a Cornish pasty. Place onto a tray lined with parchment.
6. Brush each pasty with egg and sprinkle a little mixed herbs and salt and pepper on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with mustard or a nice chutney.