Humidifier causes fire at house in Colne

Two fire engines from Colne attended a domestic building fire caused by a humidifier in Mabel Street.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels, two thermal imaging cameras and a positive pressure ventilation unit to extinguish the fire at around 2-50am today (Saturday).

Crews were at the incident for approximately one hour.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad
Read More
Emotional tributes paid to Colne dad who has died after an assault at a pub in S...
Two fire crews were called to the blaze in Colne

The fire service advises residents in the event of a fire in their home to get out, stay out and call 999. Do not attempt to tackle the fire on your own.