Gas explosion injures three in Padiham

A gas explosion has injured three people at a house in Padiham.

Wednesday, 17th August 2016, 3:46 pm
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 8:15 pm

The frightening incident happened at the house in Hambledon Street at 12-50pm today (Wenesday) resulting in two of the people being hospitalised.

A spokesman for the fire service said: “One fire engine from Padiham attended a report of a small gas explosion at a property.

“On arrival, firefighters found that it was a small ammonia explosion which had injured three people.

“Fire crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan, and paramedics conveyed two of the three casualties to hospital. Firefighters were at the scene for about 45 minutes.”