Crews called to oil pan fire in Brierfield

Firefighters from Nelson and Burnley were called to extinguish a blaze started by a hot oil pan.

Saturday, 9th October 2021, 2:54 pm
Updated Saturday, 9th October 2021, 2:56 pm

The incident happened yesterday evening (Friday) just before 11pm in Stanley Street, Brierfield.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Two crews from Burnley and Nelson responded to a fire at a house on Stanley Street in Brierfield.

"The fire involved a hot oil pan and extractor unit in the kitchen of the property, however, it was out on arrival. Crews used a fan to clear the property of smoke and make the scene safe.

Sign up to our daily Burnley Express Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters made the scene safe

"They were in attendance around twenty minutes."