Casualty taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after Colne house fire

A resident was taken to hospital for suspected smoke inhalation after a house fire in Colne yesterday evening.

Three fire engines from Nelson and Colne were called out to the property in Skipton Road. On arrival they found the fire in the kitchen and living room of a house.

Crews extinguished the blaze using one hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to make the scene safe.

Hide Ad

The fire broke out at 10-20pm yesterday (Friday).

Crews tackled the blaze for over two hours

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "One casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by ambulance crews and later taken to hospital for further treatment. Firefighters were in attendance for around two-and-a-half hours."