10 products from major retailers recalled this week because of safety fears
You can check if you have one of the affected products here:
1) Asda Buttery Spread 500g - Asda is recalling one date code of Asda Buttery Spread 500g because some packs may contain pieces of clear hard plastic. The packs are dated best before December 28.
2) IKEA Russin & Mandel raisin and almond mix - IKEA is recalling its Russin & Mandel raisin and almond mix because the product contains other tree nut ingredients (cashews, brazils, walnuts, hazelnuts) which are not included in the ingredients list. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to tree nuts. The packs are 150g with best before date April 6, 2016
3) Kimm & Miller Ltd recalls Hairy Bikers Tasty Trio Condiment Selection, sold in Boots - Kimm & Miller Ltd has recalled packs of Hairy Bikers Tasty Trio Condiment Selection with a ‘best before’ end of March 2016 because the product contains barley, eggs, milk, mustard and sulphites. These allergens are not mentioned correctly on the bottles, making the product a possible health risk for anyone with a relevant allergy, intolerance or sensitivity.
4) Next Wooden Heart shaped Tea Light Holders - Next wants to make customers aware that due to its construction the above item has been identified as having a potential risk of causing tea lights to flare. Because of this, there’s a possibility the product may be unsafe. It is recommend that you stop using the product immediately and contact Next on 0333 777 8185 to arrange a collection, or return it to your local store.
5) Sainsbury recall on two children’s books due to mould - Sainsbury’s supplier has brought to the company’s attention that two children’s books may contain mould. They are’ That’s not my Reindeer’ batch 01848/14, and ‘That’s not my Santa’ batch 03471-3. As a precautionary measure, customers who have purchased these products are asked to return them to their nearest Sainsbury’s store, where they will receive a full refund.
6) Windmill Organics Ltd is recalling Biona Organic Cashew Nut Butter - The product contains peanut which is not mentioned on the label as an ingredient. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to peanut. The 170g jars recalled have best before dates 30 April 2018, 30 June 2018 and 30 July 2018.
7) Hair Extensions sold at 99p Stores - During routine quality and safety checks one of the samples failed flammability testing. Despite this issue being found in only one sample we have taken the decision to recall the stock. The product recalled has the barcode 5050384199819. Items can be returned to your nearest store.
8) Asda Coir Mats - Affected lines: ‘Natural Plain PVC’, ‘Stag Stencilled PVC’, ‘Spot PVC’, ‘Bunny PVC’ and ‘Home Sweet Home PVC’ - As a precaution Asda is recalling all Asda Coir Mats purchased from the 1st August 2015, due to a manufacturing error where the mat can become slippery in cold weather. Mats can be returned to store for a full refund.
9) Russell Hobbs white plastic 850ml travel kettle - Russell Hobbs has identified a defect on a small batch of our white plastic 850ml travel kettles, model number 14178. The defect may cause the switch in the handle to overheat and in certain circumstances could result in a fire. The model number can be found on the underside of the kettle within a rectangular shaped label that also contains a five digit batch code. If the first three digits of the batch code start with the number 280 up to 365 and end in 14, or the first three digits start with the number 001 up to 240 and end in 15, then you have an affected kettle. Call 0808 168 4499.
10) Aldi Coffee Mugs, Irish Coffee Glasses, Latte Glasses - A small number of products have cracked when being filled with boiling water. Product Code: 56714. Customers who have bought this product are asked to return this product immediately to their nearest store, where a full refund will be given.