Padiham are pegged back at the death

On target: Robbie Bromley put Padiham ahead at Radcliffe Borough on Tuesday night
On target: Robbie Bromley put Padiham ahead at Radcliffe Borough on Tuesday night

Padiham earned a point from their visit to Radcliffe Borough on Tuesday night.

But it felt like they had lost two points at the final whistle, with the home side scoring twice in the last 15 minutes to snatch a draw.

Right from the start the Storks’ performance was head and shoulders above that shown against Northwich Victoria on Sarurday, with James Jenkins having an angled shot saved on 18 minutes by Radcliffe keeper Chris Cheetham.

And after a Jake Gregory shot was deflected for a corner on 26 minutes, Robbie Bromleys resulting ball in curled agonisingly against the angle of the bar and post and out to safety.

Radcliffe’s wing players were always a threat, and two minutes later Sam Grimshaw got free only to see his angled shot go wide, while at the other end, a ball into the back post found Brett Ormerod, but his shot lacked any power and it also went wide.

The second half saw both sides go close in the early exchanges, with Radcliffe’s Grimshaw shooting wide, and Danny White hitting the post, and for Padiham, Jenkins headed a free kick straight at Cheetham and Jason Hart shot across the face of goal.

On 58 minutes, however, Padiham broke the deadlock when a blocked clearance fell to Martin Parkes, who in turn played in Bromley to shoot past Cheetham.

Radcliffe hit back with a free kick by White that shaved the upright, before Padiham doubled their lead following a quick break, as Jenkins sent a well-executed chipped shot over Cheetham on 65 minutes.

Elliott Rokka pulled one back for Radcliffe on 75 minutes, converting a loose ball in the area after a save by Marcus Burgess, and in the Storks next attack, Ormerod had the chance to make all three points safe for Padiham, but he dragged his shot across the face of goal.

Rokka then added a second for Radcliffe right at the death to equalise on 89 minutes.

But the game wasn’t over, and deep into added on time, Ormerod headed a cross from Clark Bradford’s cross wide.

Tomorrow Padiham travel to Brigg Town in the FA Challenge Trophy competition, with the winners drawn away to FC United.