PHOTOS: Burnley 0, Huddersfield Town 1

BURNLEY extended their winless run to six games as they turned in a desperate performance at home to struggling Huddersfield.

Having failed to score in their last two games, they were again shut out by a Town side happy to soak up the pressure, before snatching a second half winner.

Keith Treacy has a shot on goal.

Keith Treacy has a shot on goal.

Sean Dyche made one change from the side that lost 1-0 at Brighton on Saturday, starting with the players who came out for the second period at the Amex Stadium as Danny Ings replaced Junior Stanislas.

For Huddersfield, former St Theodore's pupil Oliver Norwood and one-time Claret Alan Lee had to make do with a place on the bench.

Ings induced an early foul from Antony Gerrard down the right, leading to a booking for the centre back, but after initially setting a high tempo, the zip in the Clarets' passing gradually eased off.

Dean Marney came off after 15 minutes carrying a knock, with Jamaican winger Dane Richards making his Turf Moor bow - announced over the tannoy as Marvin Bartley!

Dane Richards.

Dane Richards.

And Burnley continued to press against a nervy Town, as Keith Treacy forced a smart stop from Alex Smithies with a stinging 30-yard drive.

However, a string of corners came to nothing, and just on half-time Treacy's shot was deflected, with an off-side Ings turning the rebound wide as the Clarets left the field to a smattering of boos.

After the interval Burnley had a golden chance to score when Gerrard slipped cutting out a Treacy pass, and Charlie Austin, with Richards square, lifted a ball to the back post, just beyond the Jamaican.

But Huddersfield took the lead with their first threat of note, as Lee Grant parried Adam Clayton's shot and James Vaughan gobbled up the rebound.

Sam Vokes replaced substitute Richards on the hour, but Austin's frustration began to show as he was booked for a late challenge.

Marvin Bartley came on for McCann shortly after, and he almost provided an equaliser when his cross was thumped against the bar by Vokes.

Moments later Kevin Long's ball forward was flicked on by Vokes, agonisingly out of reach of Austin.

Kieran Trippier was harshly booked for blocking Sean Scannell, who then looked to have sealed Town's win after robbing Danny Lafferty and teeing up Theo Robinson, who fired straight at Grant.

Robinson then dragged a shot wide after driving at Long and Jason Shackell.

But one goal proved enough as Burnley's miserable run continued.

• The Burnley Express has launched a FREE football app which is now available to download on iPhone and Android devices.