Burnley aren’t finished in the transfer market after the club record £6m signing of striker Andre Gray.
The Clarets snapped up the 24-year-old on a three-year deal on Friday, from Saturday’s opponents Brentford.
And Gray adds to summer signings Matt Lowton, Jelle Vossen, Chris Long, Tendayi Darikwa and Rouwen Hennings.
It is no secret the club are still looking to add a central midfielder, and Dyche said: “We’re still alive in the market. There are still situations that we think could open up.
“I’ve explained all along it’s a tough market.
“People are not letting their players go quickly and easily, we didn’t ourselves.
“It is what it is.
“Mourinho was the best one to call it a month ago when he said it changes every season and you either get in it or you don’t.
“That’s your decision.
“I encouraged the board to get in it with Andre, and we did. We couldn’t have got it done any quicker than what we did.”
Burnley are rebuilding the squad after the departures of Kieran Trippier, Danny Ings and Jason Shackell, and Dyche added: “We want to be productive in the market, we’re still out there if the right ones come along. The books are balancing fantastically well, we’ve brought £6.5million in already and we’ve obviously got the little fella Ings, who will probably bring a shekel or two in!”
Asked why Burnley didn’t spend at this level last year in the Premier League, Dyche countered: “The simple answer is availability, who was out there who could have affected. There are names that I’m not going to go into because they are other people’s players. There are names we did try for, one really prominent one, and the figure that we got back was enormous.
“The club is definitely wanting to back me in bringing players in, and we have worked very, very hard.
“I don’t try to fool anyone. I’ve said there are deals that have got closer and they’ve gone away and they’ve got closer again. It’s not just us trying to do our business, it’s other teams as well.”