Burnley v West Ham United LIVE
Burnley could all-but secure their Premier League status by beating West Ham United at Turf Moor.
Victory would see the Clarets move 12 points clear of 18th place Fulham with just four games of the campaign remaining.
Sean Dyche's side are unbeaten in their last three home meetings against the Hammers - scoring six times and conceding just once in those games.
Chris Wood netted in all three of those fixtures and has now scored six times for Burnley against tonight's opponents in the top flight.
Join us here for all the live action.
Burnley v West Ham United LIVE
Last updated: Monday, 03 May, 2021, 22:05
- The Clarets have won five of their 13 meetings with the Hammers in the Premier League
- Burnley have avoided defeat in their last three home games against West Ham having previously lost three on the spin
- The last meeting at Turf Moor, in November 2019, finished 3-0 to the Clarets
- Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes were on the scoresheet for the hosts while Roberto also put into his own net
- The Hammers won the reverse fixture 1-0 at the London Stadium - Michail Antonio netted the only goal of the game
- Victory for the visitors would push them to within three points of Chelsea in the race for the top four
- Burnley would move 12 points clear of the bottom three with a win at Turf Moor - with just 12 points left to play for
- Chris Wood has scored six times for the Clarets against West Ham United
- Burnley have picked up seven points from the three home games in which the New Zealander has scored
- This season’s defeat in the capital was the only time in seven meetings that Sean Dyche has lost out to David Moyes during his managerial tenure
GOAL: Burnley 1 West Ham United 2
Antonio turns home Benrahma’s cross from close range to give the away side the lead.
GOAL: Burnley 1 West Ham United 1
The away side respond immediately. Antonio is too strong for Lowton and heads Soucek’s header past Pope.
The Hammers threaten
Fornals’ strike from Cresswell’s delivery is blocked in front of goal by Antonio.
GOAL: Burnley 1 West Ham United 0
Fabianski guesses the right way, but Wood picks out the corner.
Wood wins a spot kick for the Clarets after keeping Westwood’s pass alive and being taken down by Soucek.
Hammers go close
The Clarets fail to clear their lines and Lanzini gets a shot away on goal. The effort, however, just clears the crossbar.
First attempt on goal
And it’s a wild effort from Antonio.
Burnley v West Ham United
The teams are in...
“We’ve spoken about the bigger picture concept on and off the pitch."
Manager Sean Dyche and chairman Alan Pace have been in regular communication about how they can move things forward at Turf Moor!
“When I speak to Alan (Pace), it’s about, ‘Can we move that forward? And if we can, how?’” - Burnley boss Sean Dyche encouraged by mentality of new owner
Success for Burnley has meant surviving in the Premier League for the past five seasons.
“I always believed that my forwards, and others, can be productive and they have shown signs of that.”
Burnley boss Sean Dyche knew the goals would come.
Sean Dyche never had any doubt that striker Chris Wood would return to top form.