Burnley v Blackpool LIVE
Clarets midfielder Josh Brownhill is also eagerly anticipating the challenge that a pre-season derby will pose.
Brownhill, who scored twice in a 4-0 win against Salford City in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the Barnfield Training Centre, said: “The quicker the games come the better now because when you've had that time off you just can't wait to get back and play football.
“They are there to get you fit and I'm excited for the game on Tuesday night.
“They will be a decent team who have just come into the Championship and will be on a high, as all teams are when they play Premier League sides.
“That’s where they want to be so they will want that challenge and we will just look to keep building and putting the performances in.”
Blackpool v Burnley LIVE
Last updated: Tuesday, 27 July, 2021, 20:54
- The Clarets have beaten Salford City, Morecambe and Oldham Athletic in pre-season
- Blackpool have beaten both Southport and Carlisle United, but lost out to Accrington Stanley
- The Seasiders were without 16 players in total at Brunton Park at the weekend
- Burnley will likely be without Nick Pope, Chris Wood, Matej Vydra, Kevin Long and Dale Stephens
- Blackpool were promoted to the Championship via the play-offs last season
- The two sides last met at Bloomfield Road more than seven years ago
- Michael Kightly scored the only goal of the game as Sean Dyche’s side closed in on a return to the Premier League
- The Clarets have won six of the last eight games against the Tangerines
- The Lancashire rivals have faced each other 127 times in total in competitive fixtures
- Burnley have won 58 of those - including the first ever meeting on September 4th, 1897
The Iceman goes close
Gudmundsson shapes the ball just wide of the upright.
He has to score!!!
Barnes heads the ball wide of the upright when unmarked from McNeil’s pinpoint delivery.
More changes for the Clarets
Norris, Glennon and Harker introduced
That was not far away at all
Pieters isn’t far away after having a pop with the outside of his boot.
Clarets getting closer
Barnes is about to pull the trigger inside the area but Husband does remarkably well to get across to block the effort.
GOAL: Blackpool 0 Burnley 1
Bobby Thomas with the goal
Full-time: Blackpool 0 Burnley 1
Bobby Thomas scores the only goal to settle an entertaining pre-season fixture at Bloomfield Road.