Burnley v Blackpool LIVE
Clarets midfielder Josh Brownhill is also eagerly anticipating the challenge that a pre-season derby will pose.
Brownhill, who scored twice in a 4-0 win against Salford City in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the Barnfield Training Centre, said: “The quicker the games come the better now because when you've had that time off you just can't wait to get back and play football.
“They are there to get you fit and I'm excited for the game on Tuesday night.
“They will be a decent team who have just come into the Championship and will be on a high, as all teams are when they play Premier League sides.
“That’s where they want to be so they will want that challenge and we will just look to keep building and putting the performances in.”
Blackpool v Burnley LIVE
Last updated: Tuesday, 27 July, 2021, 20:54
- The Clarets have beaten Salford City, Morecambe and Oldham Athletic in pre-season
- Blackpool have beaten both Southport and Carlisle United, but lost out to Accrington Stanley
- The Seasiders were without 16 players in total at Brunton Park at the weekend
- Burnley will likely be without Nick Pope, Chris Wood, Matej Vydra, Kevin Long and Dale Stephens
- Blackpool were promoted to the Championship via the play-offs last season
- The two sides last met at Bloomfield Road more than seven years ago
- Michael Kightly scored the only goal of the game as Sean Dyche’s side closed in on a return to the Premier League
- The Clarets have won six of the last eight games against the Tangerines
- The Lancashire rivals have faced each other 127 times in total in competitive fixtures
- Burnley have won 58 of those - including the first ever meeting on September 4th, 1897
Not quite, Dwight
McNeil tries his luck from 20 yards out but the ball ends up with the Blackpool fans behind the goal.
Chance for the home side
Hennessey passes his first test, denying Yates after CJ Hamilton squared the ball to his team-mate inside the penalty area.
The Burnley debutant shifts to his right hand side to beat away Demetri Mitchell’s stinging drive.
McNeil fires left-footed but the winger’s effort travels just wide of the far post.
Seasiders getting closer
Yates bends an effort just over the angle after Hamilton and Carey had combined in the build up.
Half-time: Blackpool 0 Burnley 0
Once again, it’s goalless at the break.
Here’s how the Clarets line up for the second half
So close, but yet so far!
Maxwell gets down well to palm a Rodriguez shot to safety before Keogh blocked from Cork.
Carey clears the crossbar
Carey runs on to Hamilton’s cross but sidefoots the ball over the crossbar.
Barnes has the ball in the back of the net, but the linesman’s flag is raised for offside and celebrations in the away end are muted.