BFC LIVE: All the action as the Clarets host Watford at Turf Moor
Burnley will be looking to bounce back from a 5-0 loss at the hands of Manchester City when Watford come to town on Thursday evening.
The Hornets left it late to salvage a point in their first game since Project Restart, with Craig Dawson's acrobatic finish earning a 1-1 draw against Leicester City at Vicarage Road.
This fixture gave Sean Dyche his first game in management on the opening day of the 2011/12 Championship campaign as the Clarets recovered a two-goal deficit to claim a point.
BFC LIVE: Clarets up to 11th in the Premier League following victory over Watford
Last updated: Thursday, 25 June, 2020, 20:26
- Jay Rodriguez’s 73rd minute winner was his 50th career goal for the club
- The striker’s first goal for the Clarets came in a League Cup tie against Fulham on September 23rd 2008
- He is also only the second Burnley player to ever score a league goal in June
- Dwight McNeil clocked up his sixth assist of the campaign
- Nick Pope and Alisson are tied on 12 clean sheets in the race for the Golden Glove
- It was the second time in the last three seasons that Burnley have done the double over Watford
Player ratings: Burnley 1 Watford 0
Jay Rodriguez scored his 50th career goal for Burnley to seal victory over Watford at Turf Moor.
Match report from Turf Moor
Burnley climb to 11th in the Premier League.
Almost two for Burnley...
Vydra cuts back after being played through on goal by Westwood, but Foster saves with his feet.
That’s an excellent opener for the Clarets. Josh Brownhill wins possession, McNeil takes over and whips in a peach of a cross for Rodriguez, who gets ahead of his marker to guide a header beyond Foster.
Off the line
Troy Deeney’s header is cleared off the line by Dwight McNeil and then Will Hughes fires the rebound over the bar.
That was outstanding defending...
Hughes is off-target
Will Hughes tries his luck, but the ball moves away from Pope’s upright.