Banning order for teen Clarets fan

A teenage Clarets fan has received a three year football banning order after joining in a brawl with rival supporters.

Thursday, 1st December 2016, 11:47 am
Updated Tuesday, 6th December 2016, 12:40 pm
Burnley Magistrates Court

Season ticket holder Connor Tattersall (19) did not start the trouble, outside Burnley FC’s ground Turf Moor, but “ran over to where the action was happening,” the town’s magistrates were told.

The court was told the disorder, on November 5th, involved about 25 people and the defendant was said to be on the periphery of the fighting. CCTV footage of the clash was shown at the hearing.

Tattersall, an apprentice, was already on a behaviour order after he was seen throwing a bottle at a match last year.

The defendant, of Pinewood Drive, Accrington, admitted affray, in Burnley.

He was fined £235, with a £30 victim surcharge and £85 costs. He had no previous convictions.