These are the top 40 'moments of excitement' among Lancashire locals
The average Lancashire adult experiences 12 ‘moments of excitement’ a month – including consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed and pressing snooze on their alarm clock.
Researchers polled 2,565 adults – with Lancashire locals among them – and found they take a walk on the wild side by sleeping with make-up on and turning up to restaurants without a booking.
They’ve also been known to go outside with wet hair, putting rubbish in the ‘normal’ bin when it should be recycled, and using someone else’s favourite mug.
Lancashire locals pursue moments of excitement the most at 24
The study, which was undertaken on behalf of 888poker, found locals were most inclined to pursue moments of excitement at 24 years old.
Six in 10 said they wish their life was more fun than it is – but that doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate moments of excitement when they happen.
Around three quarters (73 per cent) said seeking out excitement makes things more interesting – and 23 per cent they feel exhilarated when they do such things.
Although 11 per cent said ‘living on the edge’ makes them feel scared.
Further moments of excitement pursued by Lancashire locals include not bothering to close the curtains or blinds when getting quickly changed and eating food past its sell by date.
Going to bed late on a work night, getting the last bus, tube or train home, and wearing high shoes they’re likely to fall over in are also common ‘dangerous’ acts in the county.
One way 17 per cent of locals seek out excitement is by playing poker – but 35 per cent may claim they’re not being risky at all as they consider their style of play to be ‘strategic’.
Top 40 'moments of excitement' among Lancashire locals
- Eating something past its sell by date
- Drinking coffee or tea before going to bed
- Not bothering to use sun cream
- Not doing the washing up till the next morning
- Going outside with wet hair
- Going to bed late on a work night
- Leaving the home without an umbrella/coat on an unpredictable weather day
- Leaving the home without your phone
- Going outside barefoot
- Not opening your post as soon as it arrives
- Crossing the road when the red man is showing
- Turning up at a restaurant without booking first
- Not closing the curtains or blinds when you get quickly get changed
- Pressing snooze on the alarm
- Putting something in the ‘normal’ bin when you know it should be recycled
- Jumping down the last few steps on the stairs
- Ordering something other than ‘your usual’ when eating in a restaurant
- Leaving the home with your phone on low battery
- Sleeping with make-up on
- Leaving windows open in your home when you’re not there
- Getting the last bus/tube/train home
- Reading in the bath
- Going on social media or news sites before you’ve seen a popular TV show and risking spoilers
- Not killing/disposing of a spider you’ve just seen
- Going on a big night out on a work night
- Leaving work half an hour early
- Not comparing your utility bills/savings accounts to other suppliers when renewing
- Leaving your curtains at home open when you go on holiday
- Wearing high shoes that you might fall over in
- Not running away from a wasp
- Watching a trailer for a film that might give away key plot points
- Using someone else’s mug
- Not paying bills on time
- Overfilling your hand luggage or using a bag which is too big and hoping it won’t get spotted when travelling by plane
- Not logging off of your online banking
- Taking a carrier bag at a self-service checkout without paying for it
- Bluffing when playing games like poker
- Not locking your car
- Going on holiday without a bikini wax
- Sitting in a reserved seat on the train
888poker is dedicated to providing its members with a responsible gaming environment - for more information click here.