WeightWatchers breakfast cookies recipe
Makes 30 l Prep 20 mins l Cook 35 mins
150g rolled porridge oats
Two medium Gala apples, roughly chopped
Four medium bananas, mashed
75ml apple juice
150g walnut halves, chopped
120g dried apple slices, chopped
70g oat flour
One-and-a-half tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
Half-a-teaspoon ground nutmeg
1tsp baking powder
Half-a-teaspoon ground mace
Half-a-teaspoon ground clove
Calorie-controlled cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the rolled porridge oats evenly over the sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until toasted. Remove from the oven and leave to cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile, mist a nonstick pan with calorie controlled cooking spray and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the roughly chopped Gala apples and cook for three minutes or until tender. Scrape the apples into a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. Add the bananas and apple juice and stir with a wooden spoon.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the toasted oats, chopped walnuts, chopped dried apple, raisins, oat flour, the spices, baking powder and salt.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix the dough together. Cover the bowl with cling film and let the dough rest, at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6. Portion 10 scoops of cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Cover the scooped portions with clingfilm and, using the flat bottom of a glass, press down on the scoops until they are 1cm thick. Remove the cling film and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough. The cookies will keep, stored in a plastic container, for up to one week.
Smartpoints: Green 3 l Blue 3 l Purple 2