Woman taken to hospital after Burnley house fire

editorial image
Share this article

A BURNLEY woman had a lucky escape after a dehumidifier in her cellar burst into flames.

She was alerted to the blaze after the smoke alarm in her Linden Street home went off at 2am today.

When fires crews arrived the woman was safely out of the house which was completely smoke-logged.

She was taken to Burnley General Hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation and crew manager Patrick Barlow said: “This shows the importance of smoke alarms. Without this smoke alarm going off it could have been a whole lot worse.

“Anybody who wants a free home fire safety check should ring 0800 169 1125 or visit the website www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk.”