Schoolgirl (15) asked dealer to drop off drugs at her Colne school

A COMMERCIAL cannabis supplier was repeatedly contacted by a girl who wanted drugs dropped off at her school, a court heard.

Burnley Crown Court was told how the 15-year-old telephoned Abdus Wahid throughout the morning on the day he was arrested, asking him to deliver a £10 deal to Primet High School, Colne. Wahid had thrown skunk cannabis worth £1,000 into a garden after police stopped him because they thought he was speeding.

Officers also discovered 100 snap seal bags and £375 in cash, as well as drug-related messages on two mobile phones.

The defendant (28), of Albert Street, Brierfield, who is married with a daughter, admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply, last August 10th and was jailed for eight months. He now faces a proceeds of crime hearing.

Miss Sarah Statham (prosecuting) said police saw the defendant driving a Honda Civic in Nelson town centre and were concerned about his speed.

They decided to follow him and could see he was trying to evade their attention. He drew up outside a house in William Street.

Miss Statham said, as the defendant was approached, he began scooping items into a carrier bag. He tried to get out of the driver’s door and threw a white carrier bag into a garden. Officers searched the garden and found the relatively large bag, full of skunk cannabis, the most profitable form of the drug. The cannabis weighed 105 grams and was worth £1,000 on the streets. Cash was found in the car sun visor.

The prosecutor said it was clear that, between August 6th and 10th, Wahid had been involved in the sale of cannabis to at least 12 people. The defendant claimed the drugs were for his own use and he had no previous convictions.

Mr Tim Storrie (for the defendant) said he had been a vulnerable target to those further up the ladder, who were in greater control than he ever was.

He had a car at his disposal, time on his hands and was impressed, naively, by the circumstances in which the cannabis was trafficked.

Mr Storrie said the defendant, who had been in debt, had since taken himself away from the associates that caused the offence in the first place. He was now going to the gym, had improved the way he conducted himself, had put on more than two stones in weight and would be offered work as a plasterer on his release.

Wahid knew he had let his wife and daughter down. The barrister added: “He would say he was not aware there was a 15-year-old schoolgirl who was about to be supplied.”