Casualty suffers minor burns in Nelson house fire

A person suffered minor burns to their feet after a fire broke out in the kitchen of a house in Lime Street, yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Two fire engines from Nelson attended the incident. The fire was within the kitchen of a domestic property and firefighters used a thermal imaging camera.

"One casualty was suffering minor burns to their feet and crews were detained for approximately 50 minutes."

The fire broke out yesterday afternoon