Paper fire spread to house

editorial image
Share this article

A fire, which started accidentally in the back yard of a Burnley house, spread to a kitchen window.

Firefighters were called to the house in Healey Wood Road at 9-30pm on Saturday, and took just 10 minutes to put lout the blaze.

A spokesman for the fire service said: “Initially it was believed the fire had been started deliberately but we later learned that someone had been burning paper in the back yard.

“The fire spread to the back of the house and damaged the window frame and gutter.”