Pan causes kitchen fire

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

A pan left unattended set fire to a kitchen in a sheltered accommodation block in Burnley.

Residents of the Orchid in Heather Bank alerted firefighters when the smoke and heat alarm was activated in one of the flats at 1-40pm today (Saturday).

Crew manager Kieron Ogden said: “A gentlemen who lives in the flat had gone out not realising he had left a pan on.

“We forced entry and put out the fire which had spread to the extractor hood. Luckily, the kitchen door was closed so the fire didn’t spread.

“We would always advise people to be very vigilant when cooking and not to leave anything unattended.”