WeightWatchers sweet and sour Pao chicken stir fry recipe
and live on Freeview channel 276
Prep time 25 mins l Cook time 20 mins
1 tblspn Chinese black vinegar
1 tblspn dry sherry
1 tspn honey
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 tblspns soy sauce
600g skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
200g brown rice
2 tspns cornflour
4 tspns vegetable oil
1 small red onion, chopped
1 medium red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 medium courgette, sliced
200g Tenderstem broccoli, raw, cut into thirds
1. To make the marinade, put the Chinese black vinegar, dry sherry, honey, crushed garlic and half the soy sauce in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
2. Place the chicken slices in a bowl with the marinade and toss to coat. Cover with cling film and chill for at least one hour.
3. Cook the rice to pack instructions and drain well.
4. Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle over the cornflour. Put a large non-stick wok or frying pan over a high heat. Stir-fry the chicken in three batches, using one teaspoon of oil for each batch.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry the onion for one minute. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for two minutes. Then, add two tablespoons of water and stir-fry for another minute, or until the veg is tender. Return the chicken to the wok, add the remaining soy sauce and cook until heated through.