WeightWatchers Prosciutto-wrapped chicken with pesto and cheese sauce recipe
This meal mixes succulent chicken with salty Italian ham with a basi-infused cheesy sauce, which makes it seem indulgent even though it keeps fat to a minimum.
Prep five minutes | Cook 25 minutes
4x160g skinless chicken breast fillets
Eight slices of prosciutto
200g Tenderstem broccoli
600g new potatoes (halved)
150g low-fat soft cheese
2tbsp reduced fat pesto
100g baby leaf spinach
Fresh mint leaves
Calorie-controlled cooking spray
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Mist a large nonstick frying pan with calorie controlled cooking spray and set over a medium heat. Season the skinless chicken breast fillets and wrap each in two slices of prosciutto. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes.
2. Add 200g Tenderstem broccoli to the tray and bake for a further 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add 600g halved new potatoes and cook for 10 minutes until tender, then drain and toss with 10g low-fat spread and a handful of finely chopped fresh mint leaves.
4. Return the frying pan to the heat and gently melt 150g low fat soft cheese. Stir through 2 tbsp reduced-fat green pesto, then stir in 175ml water until smooth. Add 100g young leaf spinach to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
5. Divide the sauce between plates and top with the prosciutto-wrapped chicken and the broccoli. Serve with the potatoes on the side.
Smartpoints: Green – 10; Blue – 8; Purple – 5