LETTER: Parking problems? This is what to do

I WRITE in response to a recent letter in your paper regarding parking freedom in Pendle.

Sunday, 29th January 2012, 2:22 pm

Until September 2009, Pendle Council was responsible for enforcement of parking under the name of Parkwise on both the highway and public owned car parks. Pendle Council now looks after enforcement of car parks. And Lancashire County Council’s Lancashire Parking Services are responsible for enforcement of on-street parking e.g. parking on double yellow lines, zig-zags, etc.

To report anyone parking where they shouldn’t on the highway, readers can contact Lancashire Parking Services on 0800 195 2774 or report it via their website www.lancashire.gov.uk.

Residents can, of course, still contact Pendle Council on 661661 to report a parking problem. We will forward complaints onto Lancashire Parking Services where appropriate.


Transport & Co-ordination Manager