Booths goats cheese, sage and chorizo gnocchi recipe
This wonderful Italian-influenced recipe teams soft gnocchi with one of the essential tastes of autumn – butternut squash.
Serves: 4 l Prep Time: 20 minutes l Cooks: 45 minutes
1 butternut squash, roasted whole
Half a spicy chorizo ring, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely diced
Bunch of fresh sage leaves,
70g soft goats’ cheese
1 pack of fresh gnocchi
Grated Parmesan to taste
1. Remove the seeds of the roasted squash and discard. Scoop out the filling and roughly mash with a fork in a bowl.
2. Fry the chorizo on a medium to high heat for a few minutes in a large pan until it releases the oils, no need to add extra oil.
3. Add the garlic and sage to the chorizo and stir for a minute so it doesn’t burn.
4. Add in the squash and stir in for a minute.
5. Turn the heat down and add the goats’ cheese and leave it to melt a little while you prep the gnocchi. Stir occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the pan, turn the heat off if you need to.
6. Boil your gnocchi in lightly salted water. Add a splash of the gnocchi water to the butternut squash mixture if it needs loosening.
7. Drain the gnocchi and fry in a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan until golden and crisp.
8. Mix the gnocchi with the butternut squash mixture.
9. Finish with a generous grating of Parmesan.