Man taken to hospital after ‘suspicious’ blaze

Latest News
Latest News

A man was taken to hospital suffering from burns and smoke inhalation after a suspicious blaze broke out at his home.

Fire crews were called to the end terraced property in Bivel Street, Whittlefield, at 1-49am this morning. A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the man was already out of the building when firefighters arrived. He was taken to hospital by ambulance.

Crews used breathing apparatus and hose reels to tackle the blaze, which is thought to have started in an upstairs bedroom. The bedroom and its contents were completely destroyed in the fire and there was fire damage to the first floor of the house.

The spokesman said: “At this stage we believe it was suspicious.”