Man taken to hospital after blaze

editorial image
Share this article

A MAN was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of severe smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at his home last night.

The blaze started at the Dall Street property, Burnley Wood, just after 11 p.m. The 20-year-old was rescued by a neighbour who burst into the house and pulled him to safety.

Firefighters have praised the neighbour for his quick-thinking actions, saying he saved the man’s life.

The fire started in a chip pan which had been left on the cooker.