Man rescued after smoke alarm alerts neighbours

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

An elderly man had to be rescued from his home after a pan caught fire in the kitchen.

Three crews were called to the house in Venice Avenue at 4-30pm yesterday after neighbours heard the smoke alarm going off.

The man, who could not leave the property because of medical issues, was kept safe by the fire control operator who then relayed his exact location to the crews.

The man was immediately found by firefighters who then escorted him to safety.

He suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at hospital. A hose reel was used to extinguish the fire.