Householder checked over by paramedics after Burnley fire

Share this article

Firefighters were called to a house in Lindsay Street Burnley last night after a grill pan set ablaze.

The flames were out when firefighters arrived on the scene at 7-30pm but one person was checked over by paramedics for suspected smoke inhalation.

Crews disconnected the cooker before making it safe and fitting two smoke alarms.

Acting watch manager Dave Robinson, from Burnley fire station, said: “Smoke alarms save lives. You are more than twice as likely to die in a fire at home if you haven’t got one.

“A smoke alarm is the easiest way to alert you to the danger of fire, giving you and your family precious time to escape.”