Host of good causes benefit from former Burnley Mayor and Mayoress
A host of charities and good causes have benefited from the outgoing Mayor of Burnley's year of fund-raising.
Last year's Mayor and Mayoress, Coun. Howard Baker and partner Tracey Rhodes, have now distributed money raised through their charity fund during their year in office to worthy causes and individuals.
The 2017/18 Mayor's Charity Fund raised Â£11,850 thanks to the hard work and generosity of local people.
Representatives were at Burnley Town Hall to receive cheques for varying amounts as follows:
• 352 (Burnley) ATC - Â£2,000;
• Burnley and Pendle Miniature Railway Society Â£1,000;
• Padiham on Parade Â£500;
• League of Voluntary Workers Burnley General Hospital Â£500;
• Weavers' Triangle Trust Â£500;
• Charter House Activity Centre CIC Â£500;
• Burnley Play Association Â£500;
• British Red Cross Â£500;
• St John Ambulance Â£500;
• Padiham Green Primary School Â£500;
• Rainbows Endowment Fund Â£500;
• Holy Trinity Primary School Â£500;
• Diabetes UK Â£500;
• Royal British Legion Â£500;
• two individual student sponsorships (total Â£500);
• Emmaus Burnley Â£850;
• Salvation Army Â£500;
• Lancashire AFC Â£500;
•Burnley, Pendle and Rossendale Sea Cadets Â£500.