Hero club steward saves man from blaze

editorial image
Share this article

FIREFIGHTERS have praised a club steward who came to the aid of a man after a fire started in his workshop.

The incident happened at 12-45 p.m. today at the property in Green Street.

The steward, from Green Street Sports and Social Club, broke the lock off a security grill so the man could get out after the usual exit route became filled with smoke.

The man, who was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, was treated by paramedics at the scene and was taken to hospital for a precautionary check-up.