A DRUG addict who collapsed and died after taking amphetamine suffered from heart disease, which caused his death.
Mr Stephen Bonsall (43), of Sharp Street, Burnley, died at the Royal Blackburn Hospital on August 16th last year after collapsing at a house in Burnley.
His mother Mrs Linda Hillam told an inquest at Burnley Coroner’s Court that her son had taken drugs, including heroin, for a lot of his life, which had caused them to fall out.
She had bumped into him shortly before his death and saw him a few times after that.
A statement from Bethany Kendrick, who was in the house when Mr Bonsall collapsed, confirmed he had taken amphetamine earlier.
Pathologist Dr Walid Salman, who conducted the post-mortem examination, said that Mr Bonsall had undergone heart surgery in 2010 and that he was taking warfarin.
He gave the cause of death as ischaemic heart disease with an underlying amphetamine toxicity.
East Lancashire Coroner Mr Richard Taylor recorded a verdict of natural causes.