Hapton young mum died in house blaze: tributes
Katrina Rose Black (21), known as Rosie, died at the end of last month after being overcome by toxic fumes in her Manchester Road home. Her death is being treated as unexplained.
Now, Park High School headteacher Dr Paul Parkin has paid a touching tribute to his former pupil, remembering her for her kind and generous nature.
He said: “Rosie (Katrina) Black was a member of Park High School for five years.
“She was a student who had a love of life. Rosie was a unique character with many wonderful personal qualities. At school, Rosie would involve herself in all aspects of school life.
“Her caring nature led her to take a leading role in charity events. She will be remembered fondly by all staff and particularly her Form Tutor Mrs Bridges. Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this difficult time.”
Tributes also continue to be put on Rosie’s Facebook page, with one friend writing: “R.I.P. angel. So sad i will miss your smiling happy face in the turf. Thoughts and prayers go out to all your family and friends god bless you all. Thinking of you all xxxxxxxxxxxx.”
Another said: “R.i.p Rose you was a good friend we’ll all miss you
A post-mortem examination revealed Rosie died after inhaling toxic fumes.