Get ready for Movember!
Movember, the month formerly known as ‘November’, launches its 2014 campaign to Mo Bros and Mo Sistas across the nation, encouraging men to shave off that stubble and sprout a moustache for the month to raise awareness and funds for men’s health.
As Mo Bros unite and clean shave on the 1st of the month, they become walking, talking billboards helping to generate awareness and raise vital funds as they wear Movember’s hairy ribbon, the Moustache for 30 days. On average, the Movember campaign created 1.7 billion conversations around men’s health worldwide in 2013;
• 50% of people that grew told someone they should take action to improve their health
• 62% took action to improve their own health
• 75% were more aware of the health risks that they face
Whether it’s a Tom Selleck tuft or a Hulk Hogan handlebar, Mo Bros are encouraged to sign up at www.movember.com and get growing, with the support of their Mo Sistas.
To date, over 4 million Mo Bros and Sistas have signed up to and taken part, with £345million raised to date funding over 832 programmes across the globe. It’s all about real men growing real moustaches to get people talking about real issues, with men’s health partners currently including Prostate Cancer UK and The Institute of Cancer research.
Movember has been raising awareness and vital funds for prostate cancer and testicular cancer since its inception in 2003.
UK Country Director for Movember, Sarah Coghlan said: “Our vision is to have an everlasting impact on men’s health, and the Movember moustache puts a fun twist on this serious issue. We encourage Mo Bros and Mo Sistas to sign up at Movember.com, grow and support awesome moustaches, and raise crucial awareness and funds to address the most pressing issues in prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men’s mental health. We look forward to seeing our communities having open conversations with friends, family and colleagues about their health in 2014, and making it the hairiest Movember yet
According to Gillette’s Principal Scientist Dr Kristina Vanoosthuyze, there are on average 600 hairs in one moustache. Based on last years stats of Mo-growers across the UK last Movember (www.movember.com), here are the cities with the most hairiest people:
1. London - 30,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 18,000,000 hairs grown for Movember.
2. Leeds - 20,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 12,000,000 hairs grown for Movember
3. Wales - 10,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 6,000,000 hairs grown for Movember
4. Edinburgh - 9,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 5,400,000 hairs grown for Movember
5. Manchester - 8,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 4,800,000 hairs grown for Movember
6. Birmingham - 6,500 men signed up meaning there were a total of 3,900,000 hairs grown for Movember
7. Belfast - 5,500 men signed up meaning there were a total of 3,300,000 hairs grown for Movember
8. Norwich - 4,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 2,400,000 hairs grown for Movember
9. Newcastle - 3,500 men signed up meaning there were a total of 2,100,000 hairs grown for Movember
10. Aberdeen - 2,500 men signed up meaning there were a total of 1,500,000 hairs grown for Movember
11. Liverpool - 2,000 men signed up meaning there were a total of 1,200,000 hairs grown for Movember