Frying pan led to call-out

Latest News
Latest News

A frying pan left on the hob led to the call out of the fire service to a Burnley home.

A crew responded to the fire alarm at the house in Cronkshaw Place to discover the pan had been inadvertently left on the hob.

There was no damage caused to the flat but it was smoked logged and this was cleared prior to the alarm system being reset.

Acting crew manager Kevin Birchall said: “Cooking related fires account for a large number of mobilisations to incidents where the fire alarm has been activated.

“Residents are reminded to use a minute minder if leaving the kitchen to provide an audible warning. Hobs and ovens should be kept as clean as possible to stop smoke being produced from debris on the hob and in the oven.”