Frying pan fire in Padiham bungalow

Share this article

A 90-year-old woman was taken to hospital as a precuation after a frying pan caught fire at her home in Padiham.

Firefighters and police were called to the Calico bungalow at 8-15pm on Friday after the woman had alerted the warden by using her direct link to raise the alarm.

Watch manager Duncan Barker-Brown said: “The pan was taken outside by attending police officers, while firefighters administered oxygen therapy to the lady.

“She seemed fine but was taken to hospital for a precautionary check. The house was a little smoke-logged but there was no real damage.

“We would advise people never to leave pans unattended while cooking, and to regularly test smoke alarms.”