Firefighters put kitchen blaze out at Nelson house

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus dealt with a kitchen blaze in Nelson yesterday.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus dealt with a kitchen blaze in Nelson yesterday.
Share this article

Firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus to tackle a house fire in Nelson yesterday afternoon.

Two fire engines were called to the mid terraced property in Princess Street after the fire, involving a cooker, broke out at 3pm.

Crews were at the scene for just under an hour and used a hosereel to extinguish the flames.