FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a blaze near Burnley town centre.
A large pile of rubbish has been set alight on land at the back of a shop in Active Way.
Fire crews were called out after smoke was spotted billowing from the site at 5-20 p.m.
The flames were extinguished swiftly by firefighters using a hose reel.
Watch manager Barry Hornsby, of Burnley Fire Station, said: “It was clear there was no common sense used with the size of the fire and the height it was left at.
“Do not leave fires unattended or don’t have one in the first place. Keep it a reasonable size and make sure it is not next to a building.
“Watch it and use common sense.”