Fire chief gives chip pan warning

Latest news
Latest news
Share this article

Fire crews were called to a fire at a home in Burnley after the homeowner left a chip pan unattended.

The occupier tried to extinguish the blaze, which started at 5-15pm on Tuesday at an address in Coleshill Avenue, but suffered burns to the hands and smoke inhalation.

Watch manager Rick Courtney said: “We advise people to use a deep fat fryer or oven chips and to never leave any pan unattended. We recommend that people do not attempt to extinguish fires themselves but to get out and stay out and call 999.”