Elderly woman taken to hospital after fire at her home

Latest News
Latest News
Share this article

An elderly Padiham woman was taken to hospital for precautionary checks this afternoon after a fire broke out at her home.

One fire crew from Padiham and two from Burnley attended the house in Dryden Street at 2-45pm.

The woman had left meat cooking in a pan on the hob which then caught fire.

A neighbour went into the house and removed the pan from the heat. Firefighters said the property was left smokelogged and urged people not to leave cooking unattended.